Name of Position: Interpreters
Division: Family & Children’s Services
Terms of Employment: Casual, Freelance, On Call, Independent Contractor
Calgary Catholic Immigration Society (CCIS) is a nonprofit organization that provides settlement and integration services to all immigrants and refugees in Calgary and Southern Alberta. With over 35 years of solid community experience, 70 active programs, and comprehensive wraparound support, CCIS ensures that our services respond to the needs of ethnically diverse communities within Calgary and area.
CCIS has launched the Language Interpretation and Translation Program and is subsequently recruiting for the following positions:
- Proficiency in English and another language/s
- Language interpretation credentials: certification, memberships, training
- Past experience in language interpretation
- Proficiency in written and spoken communication
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, along with a positive attitude
- Have a current criminal record check and own liability insurance
- Enhance interpreting skills through continued education training
- As travel is required, the successful candidate must have a vehicle and clear driving abstract.
- Provide professional language interpretation / translation in different settings: community, medical, legal, business
- Build excellent relationships with CCIS business clients and immigrant families
- Share our dedication to integrity and adhere to the highest confidentiality standards
- Attend meetings at different locations
- Actively participate in the success of the program
- Contribute to the creation of an inclusive work environment through effective communication and positive relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with complimentary community based services
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
This advertisement will remain open indefinitely.
We thank all candidates in advance but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.