WHAT WE DO
We train mental health providers to work with immigrant populations and provide access to free interpreter services. This is expected to lead to better access for immigrants for specialized mental health supports.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Complete an Agency Needs Assessment to apply. (Form and on-line application available below.)
Training sessions for staff, free of charge, taking 1.5 hours each. The first session covers skills for working with interpreters. The second session covers cross-cultural skills.
Access to free interpretation services
- You will be set up with an account with our Interpretation & Translation program. ccisinterpretation.ca
- We will establish a targeted number of sessions for your organization’s use within the 4-month timeframe.
- Centre for Refugee Resilience staff will be available for free consultations for any questions or support you may require while working with the immigrant population
- Agencies will complete an evaluation.
- The CCIS Interpretation & Translation program remains available as a fee-for-service as of November 1, 2020.
- Mock invoices sent throughout the project will provide opportunity for planning for future costs.