Our New Pride Program supports the development of healthy relationships through:
Educating newcomers on gender diversity to introduce awareness on rights and gender equality
Promoting safe and inclusive spaces for the LGBTQ community
Fostering supportive relationships among multicultural families and gender diverse populations
The New Pride Program is presented in partnership with the Centre for Sexuality.
Be Part of Calgary's welcoming community by volunteering to support an LGBTQ + newcomer.
You will have the opportunity to explore the city, participate in social events, and learn about other cultures.
Additionally, you will guide them to find services, and help them to improve their conversational English and expand their connections.
What you need:
- Identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community
- Lived in Canada 5 years or more
- Interested in learning about other cultures
- Available 2 hour per week over the course of 12 weeks
- Comfortable in providing social support
- Familiarity with local community and resources
- Subject to a criminal record check