CCIS offers 32 day and evening, full-time and part-time classes. LINC is a free-of-charge, federally funded program for permanent residents and convention refugees, 18 years and older. Canadian citizens are not eligible.
Placements are made according to your Canadian Language Benchmark levels.
PBLA (Portfolio Based Language Assessment) is used to measure students’ progress while in the program.
CCIS strives to deliver programs that provide highly motivated adults with practical and meaningful English language instruction designed to:
- Help you adapt to life in Canada
- Reflect on your interests and needs
- Enable you to provide for the protection, health and well being of your family
- Provide supportive skills to help you find meaningful employment
- Allow you to make a positive contribution to a supportive community
- Beginner, intermediate and advance instruction
- Full-time and part-time classes for listening , speaking, reading and writing skills
- Daytime and evening classes
- Advanced Conversation
- Effective Writing
- Literacy support classes
- Saturday Seniors classes
- Assistance in accessing resources in the community, such as health clinics, retail and educational sites, businesses and recreational facilities
- Guest speakers from the community
- Field trips to community venues
- Referrals within CCIS or to other institutions for further training or employment services
- Use of computer for all skills practice
- Childcare from 6 months to 6 years old
The LINC teaching staff is a highly qualified and experienced group of professionals accredited by the association of Alberta Teachers of English as a Second Language (ATESL). Our program follows the Best Practices Guidelines as set out by ATESL.
|Full Time||Monday to Friday||9:00am – 2:45pm|
|Part Time||Monday to Friday||9:00am – 11:30am|
|12:15pm – 2:45pm|
|3:30pm – 5:30pm|
|6:00pm – 9:00pm|
Seniors -Part Time
|Saturday||9:00am – 1:00pm|
- Please book an appointment at Immigrant Services Calgary (ILVARC) by calling 403.262.2656 to get a language assessment.
- Upon receiving your benchmarks, you can visit the CCIS main office for wait list registration on the following days:
For daytime classes:
Tuesdays 9:00 to 11:30am
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:00am-11:30am
For evening classes:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- LINC staff will call you as soon as space is available in the classroom.
- For class registration, please bring your benchmark results, permanent resident card or landing papers.
For more information, please feel free to contact our reception desk at 403.264.4850.