The Fast Track 4th Class Power Engineering Training Program (FTPE) has been designed for immigrants with a high aptitude in math, chemistry and physics and those who have technical and mechanical experience and are marginally employed or unemployed.
The program objective is to train clients to become 4th class entry level power engineers. In the province of Alberta, power engineers are responsible for the operation and maintenance of industrial equipment, such as:
- Steam and gas turbines.
- Gas, diesel and internal combustion engines.
- Pressure vessels and related controls.
Power engineers can be employed in a wide variety of sectors. In Alberta, Power Engineers must be accredited by Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA) in order to work.
For more information please visit: www.ogtp.ca
- Landed immigrant/new Canadian residing in Canada
- Unemployed or marginally employed
- Engineering or Science degree or technical diploma from country of origin
- Strong interest in building a career in power engineering
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark of 7
- Willing to be relocated and/or work shifts
Your career: Join the Forces of Power Engineers
Graduates will be able to perform the following skills:
control of refrigeration and air conditioning systems
maintenance and repair of boilers and auxiliaries, pumps, compressors, turbines, generators
Power engineers possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, communication skills, good vision, hearing, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity and decision-making skills.
|Contact the Oil & Gas information centre|
|For all OGTP programs|