This 7-month full time program will introduce you to the first period of the Cooking Trade. The education you receive from this program will train you for employment as an Apprentice Cook preparing food for hotels, restaurants and institutions.
This program covers classroom training, SAIT occupational hands-on training and work experience placement with an employer. The instructional hours for the classroom and SAIT occupational training are: Monday to Friday; 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Program start date: September 18, 2017
For detailed information and to apply for the program please attend an Information Session.
|In partnership with||Funded by|
- A landed immigrant who is at least 18 years of age, legally entitled to work in Canada, and has been in Canada for less than 10 years.
- Demonstrates a need for the training due to the identified barriers to employment.
- Unemployed/ marginally employed due to identified barriers.
- Receiving or eligible for Employment Insurance (EI), or have received EI (past 3 yrs.) or Maternity leave (5 yrs) or Income Support.
- Minimum Grade 10 science and math or equivalent and Canadian Language Benchmark 5.
- Aptitude and suitability to the nature of the occupations: working hours, physical demands, mobility and so on.
- Interest in employment as a cook and plans to pursue a long-term career in the field.
- Ready, willing and able to commit to the training and seek work afterwards.
- Employment Preparation Skills Training (10 weeks)
- SAIT Occupational Training (12 weeks)
- Collaborative Work Experience Placement (6 Weeks)
Information Sessions will take place at our main office on the 3rd Floor in Room # 315.
July 12 @ 2.30pm
July 18 @ 9.30am
July 28 @ 9.30am
August 3 @ 2.30pm
August 9 @ 9.30am
August 17 @ 2.30pm
Please bring your resume and Language Benchmarks.
|Rob Goldbeck, Project Manager|
|Email:||rgoldbeck [AT] ccisab [DOT] ca|