A comprehensive and practical approach to employment preparation for the drilling industry.
Training opportunities for employment in Alberta's fastest growing sector - the Oil & Gas Industry.
The Drilling Rig-Hand Training Program:
- Provides a complete process of employment preparation.
- Technical, safety and on-the-job training provided in conjunction with ENFORM.
- Finds employment as a floorhand in the drilling industry.
|In partnership with||Funded by|
For more information please visit: www.ogtp.ca
- Upgrading - General & Technical English, Math, Work & Life Management, Occupational Heath & Safety.
- Occupational Training at ENFORM.
- Hands-on Work Experience at Enform Nisku Training Centre.
- Employment Support.
- Landed immigrant or new Canadian legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be unemployed/underemployed.
- Must hold a valid Class 5 Alberta drivers license and own reliable transportation.
- Currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI) or received EI in the last three years, or currently receiving Income Support.
- Limited spots for those receiving no funding.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- English at a Canadian Language Benchmark of five and greater.
- Interested in employment in the drilling industry with a strong commitment to the program and employment.
- Willing to undergo alcohol and drug testing with potential employers.
- Physically strong and capable of working in the industry.
- Pass a medical exam.
- Willing to work in camps or travel within the vicinity of drilling activity.
- Willing to relocate and/or work shifts and extended hours in all weather conditions.