This 7-month program provides foreign trained engineers the opportunity to upgrade their education and skills to become engineers in Canada.
You will receive AutoCad training from SAIT, employment preparation, and a work experience placement with an engineering firm within Calgary. To date, 97% of students have secured employment in the engineering industry after graduation.
Key training components include; technical and interpersonal communication protocols required in the Canadian workplace, intensive technical/technological skills upgrading, AutoCAD training at SAIT (Levels I - III), and a work experience placement.
The Engineering & Technology Upgrading Program serves as a link to connect local engineering firms with engineers trained abroad.
To upgrade foreign educated engineers and provide Canadian work experience that would lead to employment and provincial licensing with APEGA.
|In partnership with||Funded by|
- Permanent Resident or Canadian citizen residing in Alberta
- Possess a post-secondary degree in Engineering, Geophysics or Geology
- Have experience in their field of training prior to coming to Canada
- Lack of Canadian employment in their field of training
- Unemployed or under employed who can demonstrate that they are actively seeking employment
- May be an Employment Insurance (EI) recipient (have received EI in the past five years).
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5-8
Four months class room training:
- Technical and business communication
- Computer Training
- Speech Therapy
- Industry speakers / seminars / Industry tours
- Project Management Seminar
- SAIT, AutoCad I, II, III
- Three month work experience.
- Students participate in Canadian work experience related to their discipline in engineering or in design and drafting.