Build Your Business!
Newcomers Entrepreneur Program
Are you a newcomer in Canada? Do you have an idea or skill that you could turn into a business?
This free intensive 10-week training program will help enhance your knowledge, abilities, and connections to become a successful business owner!
We offer in-depth and practical entrepreneurial training to support you in getting the confidence, knowledge, and skillset for breaking down barriers commonly encountered by the newcomer entrepreneurs, and to successfully plan, launch and manage your own small businesses in Canada.
Upcoming pre-sessions: Dec 15th, 2022
- In-person workshops
- Monday - Friday
- One-on-one mentoring
- Networking with local entrepreneurs
- Valuable advice from prominent members of Calgary’s business community
- The confidence, ability, and knowledge to go through the many steps in starting up your own small business in Canada
- A viable business and marketing plan to help you organize your business operations, apply for a business loan or to use as a persuasive tool to find investors
- A support network of local entrepreneurs and professional advisors to help you continue with your entrepreneurial journey
- Newcomers to Canada
- With or without entrepreneurial experience in their country of origin but who are seriously considering starting their own small business in Canada
- A Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 5 or higher
Cohort 1: July 11 – Sept 20 (pre-session July 7th)
Cohort 2: September 13 - Dec 9/ Tues-Fri 2pm-6pm
Cohort 3: Sept 26 until March 27, 2023/ Mondays from 8:30am – 4:30pm
Cohort 4: January 10th to March 17th, 2023 / Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6pm – 9pm
- Fill out the registration form (Click Here) or contact program coordinator, Bibiana Cala for more information: 403-286-8030 /
- Attend the screening interview (the program coordinator will contact those who register to set up an interview before the pre-session)