The Foundational Construction Trades (FCT) Training Program has been designed for individuals to train in the most common trades. We will assist successful applicants enter the field of construction, with basic knowledge in focal and sought-after construction areas. The 24-week program has been developed to encompass essential skills, academics and applied skills development which will allow Albertans to build foundational competencies, while preparing for further education/training and employment.
Build Your Future in the Construction Trade
Register Today (in-person) for the 2019 Program!
Limited Spaces Available.
|Program length:||24 Weeks Full-Time training|
This course covers the following:
- Academic Upgrading which include:
- English and Communication Skills
- Math and Science Fundamentals
- Applied Skills Development and Hands-on Training
- Sheet Metal & Insulation
- Painting & Drywalling
- Electrical Systems
- Basic Computer Skills
- Safety Training
- Job Search Skills
- Work Experience with the Industry
- Landed Immigrant /Canadian residing in Canada
- Grade 10 Education; no post-secondary education
- Unable to find employment or marginally employed due to limited occupational language skills, lack of knowledge of Canadian employment practices and lack of Canadian experience
- Eligible for Employment Insurance (EI), Income Support, unemployed Albertan and/or as assessed by Alberta Government/ Advanced Education
- Be physically fit and capable of working long shifts in the industry
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ready, willing and able to complete the training program
- Class 5 driver’s license is an asset
- Be willing to relocate and/or work shifts
|Application open date||on going for 2019, please apply in person!|
|Program start date||Nov 2019|
We accept applications in-person only. Please use our map to locate our office.
5th Floor, 1111 - 11 Ave SW. Calgary, Alberta