This is a 26-week program that will introduce and prepare you for employment in the millwright or machining trades.
Following an 8 week upgrading and prior to a work experience placement is the 14 weeks of technical training covering the first year apprenticeship coursework, This program is the first step in the process of obtaining your Journeyman Certification in Canada.
Program Starts February 11, 2019
|In partnership with||Funded by|
- Was born outside of Canada
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Receiving or eligible for regular Employment Insurance or have received EI within the past 5 years
- None EI-receiving Albertans (limited seats)
- Able to pass English, math & science entrance assessments
- English, math & science upgrading
- Employment skills training
- Occupational training (1st year apprenticeship coursework)
- Work experience
- Health & safety training
- Job search support and assistance
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Pre-Employment Training
Information Schedule (please choose a session)
Info Session & Assessment Schedule
Wednesday, Feb 27, 2019: 1:00pm
Thursday, Mar 21, 2019: 9:00am
Friday, April 12, 2019: 1:00pm
Friday, April 26, 2019: 1:00pm
Monday, May 6, 2019: 9:00am
Thursday, May 23, 2019: 9:00am
Room 315, CCIS Main office
3rd Fl., 1111 - 11 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0G5
* No registration necessary.
*Please bring a pen/ pencil.
Training starts: February 11, 2019