This is a 26-week program that will introduce and prepare you for employment in the millwright or machining trades.
Following an 8 week upgrading and prior to a work experience placement is the 14 weeks of technical training covering the first year apprenticeship coursework, This program is the first step in the process of obtaining your Journeyman Certification in Canada.
Program Starts February 11, 2019
|In partnership with||Funded by|
- Was born outside of Canada
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Receiving or eligible for regular Employment Insurance or have received EI within the past 5 years
- None EI-receiving Albertans (limited seats)
- Able to pass English, math & science entrance assessments
- English, math & science upgrading
- Employment skills training
- Occupational training (1st year apprenticeship coursework)
- Work experience
- Health & safety training
- Job search support and assistance
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Pre-Employment Training
Information Schedule (please choose a session)
Friday, January 4: 1:00pm-3:30pm
Monday, January 14: 1:00pm-3:30pm
Monday, January 28: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Tuesday, February 5: 1:00pm-3:30pm
* No registration necessary.
*Please bring a pen/ pencil.
Training starts: February 11, 2019