The Information & Technology Bridging Program (ITB) is a 24 week training program that provides newcomers, who have education and experience in the IT field, with necessary soft skills and occupational skills training that will prepare them for 8 weeks of Work Experience placement with IT companies.
**This program also accepts Employment Insurance (EI) recipients that have received EI in the past 5 years.
Program start date: January 29, 2018
- Have education and/or experience in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) field.
- Have prior education and/or experience in the IT occupations.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Permanent Residence or Canadian Citizenship status.
- May be an Employment Insurance (EI) recipient (have received EI in the past five years).
- Unemployed or under employed resident of Calgary or surrounding area.
- Minimum language benchmark of CLB 5.
- 16 weeks – occupational skills upgrading
- & employment preparation training
- 8 weeks – work experience with local employer
Key training components:
- IT Project Management and Business Analysis
- Microsoft SQL Queries
- IT Security Essentials
* Pre-registration for information session is not necessary
LOCATION: 3rd Floor, 1111 – 11th Avenue SW. Calgary, AB.
You MUST bring 2 documents for your application to be accepted:
1. Updated resume.
2. Language Benchmark (please have a photocopy of the original, attached to your resume.)
Application form (available and accepted at the information session).
During the session, you will be required to take an English Eligibility Assessment (1 ½ hour
Infomraiton Sessions Dates:
Monday, November 27 at 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Thursday, December 14 at 2:00 - 5:00 PM
Thursday, January 05 at 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Friday, January 12 at 1:00 - 4:00 PM
* For detailed information and to apply for the program please attend an Information Session.