The Mindfulness-Based Employment Support project provides newcomers, who have physical or mental disabilities, with skills and support for finding employment, managing stress, and succeeding on the job.
In the Mindfulness-Based Employment Support project you will learn:
- Canadian job search skills
- Skills to help you work safely and succeed in the Canadian workplace
- Mindfulness skills for managing stress and improving job performance
The Mindfulness-Based Employment Support project will also provide:
- Information about working with a disability in Alberta
- Information about the resources and supports available to Albertans with disabilities
- Access to short courses for employment (First Aid, WHMIS, Food Safety, etc.)
- Job Placement Services
To participate in the project, you must:
- Be a Permanent Resident or Protected Person who is entitled to work in Canada.
- Be currently unemployed.
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark level of 4.
- Have one or more physical or mental disabilities.
PROJECT FUNDED BY THE MINISTRY OF SENIORS, COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL SERVICES