Employability Skills Training for Newcomers
This program is designed to help newcomers prepare for entry-level employment in the agriculture and food processing industry.
- Full-time 9:00am-3.00 pm Monday-Friday.
- Eight (8) weeks of training.
- Two (2) weeks of job search support.
1. Employability essential skills
- Creating a resume, completing application forms, and preparing for job interviews.
- Communication skills for the Canadian workplace.
- Adapting to Canadian workplace culture and society.
- Personal management skills.
- Working and living in Alberta.
2. Sector-specific training and certification
- You will receive training and industry certification in such areas as:
- Emergency First Aid & AED
- Food Safety Basics
- Food Handling
- Food Allergen Awareness
- Forklift Operator License Training
3. Language skills for careers in food processing
4. Workplace orientation
By the end of the program, participants will be introduced to potential sector-specific employers through direct interview appointments.