This program covers several streams in the oil and gas industry - seismic, drilling, service rig and power engineering, to encompass four separate training programs. You can apply to become part of one of the training classes. Regardless of which program you are accepted in, each program will allow you to receive classroom and technical training, as well as hands-on work experience in the field with reputable organizations in the oil and gas industry.
|In partnership with||Funded by|
For more information please visit: www.ogtp.ca
- Landed immigrant or new Canadian legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be unemployed/underemployed.
- Must hold a valid full Class 5 Alberta drivers license and own reliable transportation. *
- Currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI) or received EI in the last three years, or currently receiving Income Support.
- Limited spots for those receiving no funding.
- Good communication skills required.
- English at a Canadian Language Benchmark of 5 and greater.
- Interested in employment in the service rig industry with a strong commitment to the program and employment.
- Willing to undergo alcohol and drug testing with potential employers.
- Physically strong and capable of working in the industry.
- Pass a medical exam.
- Willing to work in camps or travel within the vicinity of service rig activity.
- Willing to relocate and/or work shifts and extended hours in all weather conditions.
Communications and Integration Training
- Life and work management skills
- General employment preparation
- Resume and cover letter preparation
Safety Training in Calgary
- Petroleum Safety Training (PST) / CSTS
- H2S Alive properties, locations
- Standard First Aid
- Light Duty Vehicle
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Safety Awareness
- Class 3 Driver's Licence
- Air Brake Endorsement
ENFORM Hands-on Training in Nisku
- Rig up, rig in and rig out operations
- Installation BOP on well heads
- Replace bottom hole pump assembly
- Safe use of hand tools and tongs
- Rig equipment maintenance
- Providing support in securing employment opportunities within the service rig industry
- Job search support
- Networking with industry
- Attending job fairs
|Contact the Oil & Gas information centre|
|For all OGTP programs|