A program that builds community supports for refugee children and youth who have experienced torture or war-related violence.
Services in the SOT Youth & Family program:
- Families are introduced to a volunteer who helps to connect them to Canadian society.
- Referrals to settlement and community services for the family.
- Referrals to professional services with specialized knowledge in working with refugee children and youth.
- Ongoing support and case management from the program coordinator.
- Community awareness building.
- Educational workshops for the community (including schools and youth workers) on topics related to trauma.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator at 403-290-5466.