This program offers opportunities for immigrant seniors to get involved and participate in the community; through educational and social events, volunteerism and special projects. All services are developed with the input of immigrant seniors and ethnic seniors groups.
- Multicultural events; organized regularly in partnership with different organizations and ethnic seniors’ groups. These events highlight, share and celebrate diverse cultures.
- Seniors Social Teas are held on the last Tuesday and Thursday of every month to encourage immigrant seniors to socialize and build friendships. Tuesday Tea takes place downtown at the CCIS main office from 1:30 – 3:00 pm and Thursday Tea is in the NE at the Genesis Centre (1000 Voices Centre) from 1:30 – 3:00 pm.
- Educational workshops are planned a few times a year to provide immigrant seniors with much needed information on various topics such as; pensions and benefits, wills, health and wellness and Canadian law.
- The immigrant Seniors Awards take place every two years to recognize the outstanding volunteer contributions of immigrant seniors and ethnic seniors groups.
- Volunteer opportunities give immigrant seniors a chance to utilize and build skills, and participate in a variety of initiatives. Training, supervision and recognition are provided.
For more information please contact the Program Coordinator at 403.290.5755 or Assistant Coordinator at 403.290.5754.