We’ve been looking for you! Volunteer Resources works to integrate volunteers within various CCIS programs, and provides support to over 1,500 volunteers per year.
We would like to connect with speakers of multiple languages, professionals to share expertise, local Calgarians to introduce Canadian culture to newcomers, skilled immigrants seeking Canadian experience, seniors looking for social activities, and anyone who wants to be involved in the immigrant settlement process. Contact us today to get started!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
On Becoming A Volunteer
What is volunteering?
Volunteering is the willing contribution of one’s time, energy and skills with no expectations of monetary reward.
Who can volunteer?
If you are looking for something fun to do, learn about Canadian culture, integrate into the community, develop a pastime, utilize your skills or more, you can volunteer!
There is no restriction to participation.
What volunteering can do for your:
- Meet new people
- Build strong social networks
- Participate in community activities
- Gain experience in your field of expertise
- Gain Canadian reference and work experience
- Challenge yourself and learn new skills
- Develop conversation skills
- Learn about Canadian culture
What volunteering is not:
- A paid position
- Job training leading directly to a paid position
- Replacement for paid work
- Internship or practicum
- Wasting time
How do I volunteer?
- Decide on what type of volunteer opportunity you want.
- Do research using volunteer-matching websites, friends and family, and community resources.
- Pick your 3 favourite opportunities.
- Contact the organizations directly to apply.
- Be patient. It takes time to get started, but the
- experience will be worth it.
|Email:||lcai [AT] ccisab [DOT] ca