Volunteer Resources guides the efforts of volunteers who offer their skills in support of our 70+ programs and services. We are proud of our relationship with over 1,800 volunteers.
Volunteering is about giving freely of your time, energy and talent to a cause or organization you believe in. It is your commitment to the community you call home.
THE BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Meet new people & build your network.
- Acquire new skills and abilities.
- Participate in the community.
- Share cultural perspectives and traditions.
- Experience Calgary in a different way.
Opportunities within CCIS
- Befriend a refugee family and help them settle in Calgary.
- Our volunteer matching program, Canada Connects, matches local Calgarians with new arrivals to introduce them to our city and province.
- Centre for Refugee Resilience
- Language support.
- We look for a wide cross-section of languages that reflect our current client base.
- Support for youth. Tutoring | Mentorship | Activities
- Professional mentors and speakers.
- Administrative support.
- Involvement in activities for seniors.
- A helping hand for events.